Winter Dental Special- $109 Off!
It’s almost time for our winter dental special! Starting December 2017 and running through March 2018, all patients with a current annual exam are eligible for this $109 discount on our comprehensive oral health assessment and treatment (COHAT) procedure.
Some of what’s included in our dental procedures are:
- Complete DIGITAL x-rays of every tooth. These are much faster, safer, and better quality than film x-rays and they allow us to examine the tooth root where disease and infection can hide.
- 3 member team for monitoring and treatment
- Ultrasonic scaling and high speed polishing
- When necessary, extractions are performed by the doctor only. Sites are closed using absorbable sutures and pain medications are sent home.
85% of pets have dental disease by the time they are 3 years old. There are many warning signs to look for, including pawing at the mouth, bad breath, and difficulty chewing.
Please be aware that we do not recommend “anesthesia free” dental procedures. They are much less effective and can be dangerous for your pet.
*Visit our website to learn more about our dental services!*
Please call us for more details at 831-476-7387 or email us at email@example.com.
Vetsource Online Pharmacy 15% Off Code
Use code 4674 to save 15% on your purchase!
Vetsource isn’t entirely new to our hospital, but for those who haven’t heard of it, we are excited to tell you about this awesome online pharmacy option! The Vetsource online pharmacy is less expensive than purchasing items here in the hospital and the products ship directly to your door! You can purchase a wide range of supplies like flea and heartworm preventatives, medications, and food. In order to purchase items, look for the link that says “shop our online store” on our website.
Here are a few of the benefits to using Vetsource:
- Prices are set to match other internet pharmacies.
- Free standard 5-7 day shipping for orders over $49 (expedited shipping available for additional cost if needed)
- Option to set up auto shipments for your medications to be delivered to you the next time they are due.
- For flea and heartworm medications that are typically sold in a 6 month supply, you can elect to spread out your payments and have one dose billed and shipped to you each month instead of having to pay a large sum up front.
- Products come directly from our US distributor and carry manufacturer guarantees. No risk of grey market (products resold from a veterinarian back to pharmacy) or black market (counterfeit) products.
- Profits and taxes from sales stay local.
New Hospital Manager
Capitola Veterinary Hospital is pleased to introduce our hospital manager, Marissa Mauldin. Marissa has extensive experience as a hospital manager and has completed the Purdue University program for Veterinary Practice Management. We are very excited about this change, as it will benefit staff and customers. Please read Marissa’s bio to learn a little more about her.
Marissa is a native Californian who grew up raising horses, riding horses and taking an in depth interest in animals at an early age. Marissa sought education in veterinary service shortly after graduating from high school, which began with the Vet Technology program at Yuba College in Marysville, CA. In 2011, Marissa was awarded Certification as a Veterinary Practice Administrator by Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN. She began her career in veterinary medicine in 2003 and has been working as both a practice owner and practice manager since 2007. Some highlights of her career have included dental work on a Bengal Tiger and rescue work with orphaned black bears. Marissa and her husband live with their family of six dogs, three cats, and two horses.
Dr. Volat is Back!
We are happy to announce Dr. Volat’s return from maternity leave! Her family has happily welcomed Emerald, Emmy for short, into their home. Miles is proud to be a big brother!
Catios Save Lives
A catio is an outdoor cat enclosure that save cats and birds lives. They are the perfect solution for cats who want to experience the natural world with all the stimulation and excitement that come with it, but without the risks. Our most senior technician, Anthony Tatanegelo, is happy to offer his services to build more catios for our feline population in the Santa Cruz County. He loves the work, and is happy knowing he is helping to keep more furry family companions safe. If you are interested in Anthony’s services, feel free to reach him by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (925) 519-9767.
To help our clients prepare for the holiday season ahead, we are announcing our hospital’s holiday hours. We will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday from November 23rd through November 25th. We will also be closed December 25th. Lastly, we will be closed January 1st in celebration of New Year’s Day.